Website Invotec, Inc.
From our inception, Invotec, Inc. has designed, developed, and built assembly and test machines for manufacturing customers in a variety of industries. Today, we are a full-service, specialty machine builder—engineering, designing, developing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing custom application assembly and test equipment. Our mission is to partner with customers as a premier provider of innovative, well-engineered manufacturing systems and solutions to enhance their competitive advantage.
The basic function of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Project Engineer) is to provide the technical leadership and schedule maintenance of projects through the engineering design process. To accomplish this task, the Project Engineer will commit to strong coordination and communication with Project Management, Engineering departments and their teams to complete projects according to Invotec’s mission statement while monitoring individual efficiency, productivity, and schedules to ensure the assigned project design work is completed appropriately.
This position encompasses all facets of mechanical or electrical design engineering—including structural design of machine cells, stations, components, and pneumatics and selection of material as well as planning, communicating and documenting of the engineering process to meet the requirements of the quotation and customer specifications. The Project Engineer serves as the lead design engineer on each assigned project. The Project Engineer provides technical direction including the concept, plan and timing for all machine, mechanism, and tooling designs. This position works strongly with Engineering Management and the design department to complete designs by individuals or teams.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Education: College accreditation with emphasis in engineering or equivalent experience, preferably from within a manufacturing firm—bachelor’s degree with concentration in mechanical or electrical engineering strongly preferred
Experience: Eight or more years of machine design and/or engineering experience—five years of engineering experience within the special machine industry preferred
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Significant competence in the use and manipulation of 2D and 3D design software in a collaborative environment using top down design structure—SolidWorks design platforms and Enterprise Product Data Management file platform preferred
- Experienced in drawing creation for assemblies and details to include all dimensions, tolerances, and documentation to allow the manufacture and assembly of designs that meet specified requirements
- Self-motivated to initiate and implement tasks, strategies and techniques in a goal oriented manner to increase productivity and profitability
- Technically creative with an understanding of mechanical and/or electrical functions to provide solutions in a robust and economical manner
- Capable of evaluating quotations, specifications, and documentation to discern functional requirements, identify missing information, define tasks, establish plans and develop schedule timing for mechanical designs
- Organized and flexible in work functions allowing for dedicated, multitasking, and task interrupted duties
- Analytical and decisive to define, evaluate and solve problems in an organized process
- Strong planning and communication skills, both written and verbal, with competency in computer and Microsoft Office products
- Established interpersonal skills to lead and collaborate in team environments while maintaining individual duties effectively
- Committed to integrity, ethical, and economical practices aligning with Invotec’s core values
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ACTIVITIES
The principal duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Reviewing drawing packages for manufacture and assembly ensuring they are complete, accurate and meets all quotation and specification requirements.
- Using SolidWorks and various other software packages to develop equipment, machine, mechanism, controls, or tooling designs. Evaluating the results of the design process to ensure technically sound and robust solutions that meet customer specifications and the company quote.
- Leader and role model in the Invotec standards, processes and best practices and able to use them to complete duties.
- Leading the technical designs and working closely with Project Managers, Controls Engineers, Applications Engineers, the manufacturing team and customers to develop systems and complete projects.
- Training and mentoring less experienced department staff in the design methodologies, productivity tools, standards, processes, and legacy information for increased knowledge and experience within the department.
- Communicate design requirements to junior team members, answer questions and monitor work to support further development of the design
- Identifying and attending outside training sessions consistent with company goals and areas of expertise to ensure continuing education and technical skill advancement.
- Understanding design team members’ skill level when assigning design tasks to junior team members
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
As a member of Invotec, Inc., applicants must be able to interact safely in a manufacturing environment. This includes:
- Full body mobility with the ability to bend, stoop, climb, and lift or move 25 lbs of weight.
- The ability to walk within restricted areas of the company manufacturing plant.
- Professional conduct in regards to hygiene and dress.
- The ability to read and prepare business documents as well as conduct business over the telephone in a sometimes loud environment.
- The ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Share this Post