HAHN Automation Group
The basic function of the Machine Assembly Technician is to provide the necessary planning, technical input, and manufacturing expertise to the detailing, machining, assembly, and troubleshooting of projects—helping the overall manufacturing team meet customer expectations relative to quality and delivery while attaining the project’s budget goals.
In so doing, the Machine Assembly Technician will provide technical direction to the Machinists while coordinating with the Manufacturing Manager, Director of Operations, Project Managers, and the engineering staff.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Education: High school or technical school diploma—associate’s degree in machining or toolmaking preferred
Experience: At least ten years of design-related machining or tooling experience from within an industrial environment or special machine manufacturer—must have all personal tools required to perform routine machining, assembly, and inspection processes
- Strong analytical, planning, and scheduling ability
- A self-actuating, goal-oriented attitude with the ability to initiate and implement operational tasks to maintain the safe, productive, and clean environment
- The ability to function independently, meet deadlines, and assist in the achievement of company goals
- A proven background in following directions and completing tasks in a timely manner
- Close attention to detail
- Strong communication skills—both written and verbal
- Competency in computer and office equipment with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment while managing individual duties effectively
- Valid driver’s license with driving record of acceptable risk as defined by Invotec’s insurance company
- Strong multitasking capabilities
- A commitment to integrity, ethical and economical practices, and the organization’s mission
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ACTIVITIES
The principal duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Performing or assisting with the assembly, set-up, debug and troubleshooting of assigned machines using technical drawings and solid models from engineering.
- Sharing responsibility for the completion, quality and function of assigned machines within project budget and schedule constraints.
- Identifying necessary machining and grinding of precision details as needed during the equipment assembly process.
- Travelling to support the installation and start-up of equipment at customer sites. Some international travel may be required.
- Managing several small to medium sized machine assembly projects simultaneously to meet customer and internal milestones.
- Coordinating with Controls Technicians to develop assembly and integration plan for assigned projects.
- Troubleshooting and making changes, additions, etc. as required to meet project requirements.
- Managing personal workload efficiently to maximize productive time and meet the budget and schedule requirements established by the Supervisor, Machine Assembly, Toolmakers, and/or Project Manager.
- Preparing timely and accurate accounting of project hours spent to ensure proper reporting of job costs to the accounting system.
- Ensuring the technical soundness of the manufacturing process to meet the customer requirements—coordinating with Machinists, Controls Technicians, and/or the Project Managers to ensure the assigned work follows good manufacturing practices.
- Preparing complete and accurate project documentation of changes made during the assembly process.
- Identifying and attending outside training sessions consistent with company goals and areas of expertise to ensure continuing education and sharpening of technical skills.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
As a member of Invotec, Inc., applicants must be able to interact safely in a manufacturing environment. This includes:
- Full body mobility with the ability to bend, stoop, climb, and lift or move 40 lbs of weight.
- The ability to walk within restricted areas of the company manufacturing plant.
- Professional conduct in regards to hygiene and dress.
- The ability to read and prepare business documents as well as conduct business over the telephone in a sometimes loud environment.
- The ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Share this Post